Below are a list of Atorneys that we work with:
When interviewing an attorney, you should ask the following questions to help determine if the relationship is a good fit:
· What services do you offer and what areas do you specialize in? Most attorneys offer a number of services. It is helpful for you to know all of the services offered before hand so that when you need one of the services, you know who to turn to. You should also find out what areas an attorney specializes in. Just because an attorney offers a service, it doesn?t mean that they are proficient in that area of law.
· Describe your experience in my business field? It is important that your attorney has experience in your field. There is an extensive body of case law in every field. If your attorney is not already familiar with it, you will be paying for the research time for the attorney to become familiar with it.
· How many years have you been in town? Your attorney?s knowledge of other local attorneys, judges and public officials is very valuable. A familiarity with other members of the legal community can help streamline your legal needs which can lead to lower fees and faster completion time.
· What are your billing rates and what types of fees do you charge? You should understand how you will be billed for an attorney?s services. Some services are billed by the hour and some are flat rates. There are also other fees for photocopies, postage, etc. You should know these beforehand so that you are not surprised by the bill. You can also request estimates for different services so that you can decide if it is worth it to engage the attorney. An open relationship with your attorney can keep your fees to a minimum.
· What support staff do you have? Not all legal matters need to be dealt with by the managing partner of the law firm. Most firms have a tier structure of attorneys, paralegals and other support staff with different billing rates. You need to know who your appropriate contact person is and the rates of the people that will be working with you.
· What is your legal philosophy concerning handling law suits? There are a lot of ways to deal with legal issues. For instance, cases can be settled outside of court or can be litigated. You should know which way your attorney leans on these types of issues so that you can make sure that their views are consistent with your own.
You may have additional questions based on your specific type of business. You may also find that your legal needs may be best served by retaining more than one attorney if you have multiple types of legal needs.