Below are some Insurance Agents that we work with:
When interviewing an insurance agent, you should ask the following questions to help determine if the relationship is a good fit:
- What industries do you specialize in? Insurance products are complex and products vary from industry to industry. Your agent should be able to recommend policies, coverage and deductibles that are common to your industry and they should also be able to point out potential pitfalls.
- What insurance products do you offer? Insurance products include: health, auto, life, liability, workers compensation, personal property, disability, key man and many others. Having all of your insurance needs covered by the same agent can result in lower premiums and makes it easier for your agent to design your insurance plan.
- What companies do you offer insurance products from? Your insurance agent is the middle man between you and the insurance companies. The more companies that your insurance agent works with, the more options you have. More companies also can result in lower premiums because you get multiple bids on the same insurance product.
- What is your company structure? The company structure of your insurance agent can range from a one person company to a large multi-person company. The agents at smaller companies will usually have a broad knowledge of insurance products while agents at larger companies may specialize in individual types. If you have very complex insurance needs, you may want to seek a larger firm to handle them.
- What is the agents' commission structure? Most agents are paid a commission based on the policy sold and then will usually receive a renewal commission as well.
You may have additional questions based on your specific needs. We recommend interviewing several financial professionals to find one that will best serve your needs.